none
Sharepoint Connector terminating unexpectedly RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have been running the sharepoint connector against our Sharepoint Foundation 2010 environment since we went live in May of this year. About every 6 weeks or so the connector just stops and terminates unexpectedly. This week, we added a second foundation 2010 farm and it is doing the same thing. Below is the error we are getting. Anyone else getting this error?

    [2011-11-10 3:00:02 AM] PROGRESS : SharePointConnector : Instantiating network logger towards [XXXXXXXXX.XXXX.XXXX.com:16010]

    [2011-11-10 3:00:02 AM] PROGRESS : SharePointConnector : Starting crawl.......

    [2011-11-10 3:00:03 AM] INFO     : SharePointConnector : Connector version: 1.0.44.0

    [2011-11-10 3:00:03 AM] INFO     : SharePointConnector : Connector is running in incremental mode

    [2011-11-10 3:00:04 AM] INFO     : SharePointConnector : No changes found for the content DB {af8fce20-dfce-4649-a4f8-1a4c934db2e6} in virtual server http://xxxxxxxx since the last crawl

    [2011-11-10 3:00:05 AM] FATAL    : SharePointConnector : Error running connector SharePointConnector. Will terminate. Error: ReadElementContentAs() methods cannot be called on an element that has child elements. Line 1, position 452.

     

    Monday, November 14, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

  • Hi James,

     

    What service pack do you have for the SharePoint Connector 1.0?  I believe that this was a problem in SharepointConnector1.0.sp2.  Are you running SharePoint Connector 1.0 SP3?  If not, applying it should resolve this issue.  Let us know your results.

     

    Thanks!

    Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

    Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:53 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi James,

     

    What service pack do you have for the SharePoint Connector 1.0?  I believe that this was a problem in SharepointConnector1.0.sp2.  Are you running SharePoint Connector 1.0 SP3?  If not, applying it should resolve this issue.  Let us know your results.

     

    Thanks!

    Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

    Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:53 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Rob. For some reason, I'm no longer getting the emails to alert me for patches. I have installed SP3 in our development environment and I will let you know if it fixes our issue.
    Monday, November 21, 2011 1:47 PM
  • Rob,

    We upgraded and it appears the connector is running, but we are seeing a weird error now. We are getting an error that our GPNET domain is not mapped in the normalization section of the configuration file. It is the first one in the list. It is weird, because we are no longer seeing the old errors for domains that are NOT mapped and would a valid error. Could the last patch had broken this error so now it is really outputting the first map in the list and not the actual NOT mapped domain? The results appear to be getting mapped correctly even with the error.

    Thanks,
    Jeremy

    Monday, December 5, 2011 1:36 PM
  • Hi Jeremy,

     

    Can you confirm that you applied the latest patch on top of SP3 for the SharePoint Connector 1.0?  The latest patch is sharepointconnector.1.0.SP3.complete.patch02, and is available for the win32 platform here:

    https://connect.microsoft.com/fastsearch/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=39372

     

    If you have already applied this patch, feel free to paste the relevant portions of your connector configuration file.

     

    Thanks!

    Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

    Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

    Monday, December 5, 2011 10:35 PM
    Moderator
  • Rob,

    Here are the relevant portions from our logs:

    Version:
    [2011-12-06 10:23:36 AM] INFO     : SharePointConnector : Connector version: 1.0.3.2

    Configuration Section:
    <parameter name="SecurityDomainMapping" type="string">
          <description><![CDATA[Semicolon (;) separated list of SAM security domain mappings in the format <Provider or domain>:<SAM domain>.
            For example: ADAMMemberShipProvider:adm;ad:win.<br>
            If all the domains should be mapped to a single domain, use the special mapping *:<SAM Domain Name>. For example *:win<br>
            It is only if you have more than one LDAP User Store in SAM that you need to have multiple mappings in this parameter.]]></description>
          <value>gpnet:gpn;bpnet:bpn;ecommerce:ec1;ecommerce2:ec2</value>
        </parameter>
        <parameter name="SPGSecurityDomainId" type="string">
          <description><![CDATA[The name of the SAM domain to which the SharePoint User Directory connector feeds user/group details.<br>
            Typical value is "spg".]]></description>
          <value>wss</value>
        </parameter>

    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Rob,
    We opened a ticket for this.
     
     112010672620915
    
    Thanks,
    
    Jeremy
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:21 PM