Access denied RRS feed

• Question

• I have found a problem in my site. i have created a page and published & approved it. it was showing on the public site. then i checked out the page, do some modification and check in page. now the page is in "Draft" mode. After some time on pulic site it is showing an error "Access Denied". Then i published the page and then the page working fine...i dont understand what is the reason behind it..... Please help..

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Tarun,

When your page is in draft mode it will be visible only to authenticated users (or user who will have permisions on that site).

when you talk about public site, i belive it will be using annonimous authentication and users will not be authenticated and will not be able to see draft versins of pages. This is where publishing infrastructure comes in to picture to avoid anoonimous users to see pages which are not published and approved.

• Proposed as answer by Chris Geier Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, April 1, 2011 5:26 AM
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Tarun,

When your page is in draft mode it will be visible only to authenticated users (or user who will have permisions on that site).

when you talk about public site, i belive it will be using annonimous authentication and users will not be authenticated and will not be able to see draft versins of pages. This is where publishing infrastructure comes in to picture to avoid anoonimous users to see pages which are not published and approved.

• Proposed as answer by Chris Geier Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, April 1, 2011 5:26 AM
    Saturday, March 26, 2011 2:59 PM
  • Hi Amol,

once i publish the page it should show on the public site. but again when i checkout the page and leave it into the draft mode it should show the previous published version... but it is showing access denied. That was my question.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 4:43 AM