Wsus server Error:Connection Error RRS feed

• Question

• please find the error code which have been coming frequently...if any one have resolution please help me out.

The WSUS administration console was unable to connect to the WSUS Server via the remote API. 

Verify that the Update Services service, IIS and SQL are running on the server. If the problem persists, try restarting IIS, SQL, and the Update Services Service.

System.Net.WebException -- The operation has timed out

Source
    System.Web.Services

Stack Trace:
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.ApiRemotingCompressionProxy.GetWebResponse(WebRequest webRequest)
       at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ApiRemoting.ExecuteSPSearchUpdates(String updateScopeXml, String preferredCulture, Int32 publicationState)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.DatabaseAccess.AdminDataAccessProxy.ExecuteSPSearchUpdates(String updateScopeXml, String preferredCulture, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.BaseApi.Update.SearchUpdates(UpdateScope searchScope, ExtendedPublicationState publicationState, UpdateServer updateServer)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.UpdateManager.GetUpdates(ExtendedUpdateScope filter)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.AdminApiAccess.WsusSynchronizationInfo.InitializeDerivedProperties()
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.SyncResultsListPage.GetSyncInfoRow(WsusSynchronizationInfo syncInfo)
       at Microsoft.UpdateServices.UI.SnapIn.Pages.SyncResultsListPage.GetListRows()

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Raghu,

Thank you for posting here.
    Based on the situation you mentioned, it is recommended to try the following steps to fix it:

1. Check the status of the application pool running the WSUS service.
      (1)  On your WSUS Server, launch the IIS Manager.
      (2)  Click 'Application Pools' is in the Connections list.
      (3)  Right-click 'WsusPool' and select ' Start ' to restart the WSUSPool.

2. Lower memory limits can also cause a situation.
      (1)  On your WSUS Server, launch the IIS Manager.
      (2)  Click 'Application Pools' is in the Connections list.
      (3)  Right-click 'WsusPool' and select 'Advanced Settings…'
      (4)  Increase the WsusPool 'Private Memory limit' x4 times, or set to 0 (unlimited).
      (5)  Change 'Queue Length' from the default 1,000 to 25,000.
      (6)  Save the configuration.

If the situation persists, make a note of the ongoing action when the console is disconnected, and check the event ID for this crash in the event viewer.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:57 AM
  • Are you performing the proper WSUS maintenance including but not limited to running the Server Cleanup Wizard (SCW), declining superseded updates, running the SQL Indexing script, etc.?

https://www.ajtek.ca/wsus/how-to-setup-manage-and-maintain-wsus-part-8-wsus-server-maintenance/

In addition to Yic's response, also see

https://www.ajtek.ca/wsus/wsus-system-requirements-what-should-i-plan-for/

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    https://www.ajtek.ca
    Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:53 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 15, 2019 8:06 AM
  • Hi thanks for your replay,

I tried with all above settings but didn't work, Its a new server and still not yet launched online.(i'm using SQL 2012 r2 express database server for this setup)

Note: if i click on synchronization option after one mint its gives the error 'Reset server node'

T & R

Raghu S

Monday, April 15, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Hi thanks for your replay,

I tried with all above settings but didn't work, Its a new server and still not yet launched online.(i'm using SQL 2012 r2 express database server for this setup)

Note: if i click on synchronization option after one mint its gives the error 'Reset server node'

T & R

Raghu S

See my notes here about SQL Express vs WID

https://www.ajtek.ca/wsus/how-to-setup-manage-and-maintain-wsus-part-1-choosing-your-server-os/

Look at my recommendations here:

https://www.ajtek.ca/wsus/wsus-system-requirements-what-should-i-plan-for/

Feel free to look at the other guides on my site that will give you loads of great information about WSUS.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    https://www.ajtek.ca
    Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

Monday, April 15, 2019 1:03 PM
  • Hi Raghu,

According to your description, this is a recurring problem. If adjusting the application pool does not solve your problem, please start with WSUS to fix it:

1. Reduce The Number Of Approved Updates
      Please refer to the following article to reject updates that are no longer needed or have been replaced: 'How to identify and decline superseded updates in WSUS'.
    2. Server Cleanup Wizard
      In UPDATE SERVICES console, expand OPTIONS then click SERVER CLEAN UP WIZARD and let it clean up all the junk.
    3. If you also receive a WSUS database error when running the WSUS Server Cleanup Wizard, please refer to the cleanup script mentioned in this article for cleanup: 'How to run the WSUS Server Cleanup Wizard from command-line'.

* Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, these links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Complete the above steps, please check if the update approval process is back to normal.
    Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:27 AM