Multiple Office versions on a Terminal Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have a farm of six Windows 2003 Terminal Servers (no citrix) load balanced using very simple round-robin DNS entries.  Currently they are running Office 2000.

We are making an organizational change to Office 2010.

A very few (10 or less) of the Terminal Server users need Access.  Most only need the Office 2010 Standard package.

How can I handle this, license wise?  Can I purchase ten Office 2010 Pro licenses, and the proper number (100 or so) Office 2010 Standard licenses, and just install Office Pro on the Terminal Servers, but restrict access to Access to just the ten or so people for whom I paid for Pro?

Or do I have to purchase ALL Office 2010 Standard licenses, and then add on Access 2010 licenses seperately?

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 7:31 PM

Answers

• I think your local Microsoft sales representative will have the definitive answer when it comes to purchasing questions.  Please ask them what the requirements are.

If during setup or installation you have any questions about the technical side of activation, please don't hesitate to ask here!

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 1:05 AM