COM Add-Ins in Office 2007 - System won't allow changes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a conflict with a Bluetooth transceiver added to my system. The driver software added a COM Add-in to Office 2007. Ever time I reply to an email, I get a pop-up box error indicating a runtime error.

The solution is to disable the Bluetooth COM Add-In in Office, but when I attempt to do so, I get another pop-up that indicates only the administrator can make the change. I am the administrator and only user on this PC. I have the system log into the desktop with out any intermediate log-ins or other screens.

How do I get the system to recognize me as the administrator so I can make the change to disable the Office COMM add-in?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards 

• Changed type tjg79 Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:17 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

• FYI

I resolved my issue with administrator privileges.

I did it by right clicking the program icon and selecting properties, clicking on the "Compatibility" tab and checking the box "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level.

Unfortunately, the solution I mentioned above is not a solution for the pop-up error box indicating a runtime error.

The solution to resolve the pop-up notification in Office 2007 Outlook, is to uncheck the box "Show add-in user interface errors" under Tools/Options/Other Tab/Advanced Options/In all Microsoft Office programs:

Unchecking the box resolves the notification, but doesn't resolve the underlying issue.

I need to do more research to find a solution.

Regards

• Marked as answer by tjg79 Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:18 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:16 AM

All replies

• FYI

I resolved my issue with administrator privileges.

I did it by right clicking the program icon and selecting properties, clicking on the "Compatibility" tab and checking the box "Run this program as an administrator" under Privilege Level.

Unfortunately, the solution I mentioned above is not a solution for the pop-up error box indicating a runtime error.

The solution to resolve the pop-up notification in Office 2007 Outlook, is to uncheck the box "Show add-in user interface errors" under Tools/Options/Other Tab/Advanced Options/In all Microsoft Office programs:

Unchecking the box resolves the notification, but doesn't resolve the underlying issue.

I need to do more research to find a solution.

Regards

• Marked as answer by tjg79 Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:18 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:16 AM
  • Thanks to TJG79, I fixed my problem also!

I right-clicked the icon on my desktop and found the checkbox to run the program as an admin, and that did the trick.

:-)

Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:14 PM