If an Organisation wants a User (lets Say- Paul Walker) to act as a Sub-Administrator, Who can see the Security Groups or My SGs or My SGs Membership in its Naigation Resource Bar in Fim Portal and the Search Scope as well to view
NavigationBar, HomepageResources and SearchScopes are also displayed via Permission MPRs.
You have to deal with UsageKeywords also. You can get an overview of how this works if you take a look on how this is done with the BasicUI Keyword to display the default elements.
As an example you can do the following:
1. Add the Usage SubAdminUI to the Navigation, Homepage and Searchscope elements you need.
2. Create a set for each of the 3 having a dynamic filter UsageKeyword = "SubAdminUI"
3. Create a set to combine the 3 sets to one using filter ResourceID in "Name of the Sets"
4. Create a Set "SubAdminUI Users" and add the Admin Users to them. (dynamic or static)
5. Create an permission MPR and grant SubAdminUI Users read to the Objects in Set created in Step 3
6. Perform an iisreset to clear cache
You should now see the Portal elements as the SubAdmin. Next you need make sure that SubAdmin can read and edit group resources. Create permission MPRs as well for this. How to do this depends on if you use the owner attribute of the groups or not.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.