Delete Mobile device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts

One of my user is facing issue with accessing email from mobile. how do i troubleshoot. From shell is it possible to know which mobile device he is using and  is it possible to delete the device, if so can the user configure email on the same device.

Sunday, December 29, 2019 6:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

We can use the command Get-MobileDevice to get the list of devices in your organization that have active Exchange ActiveSync partnerships.

For example:

Get-MobileDevice -Mailbox "TonySmith"

This example returns all the Exchange ActiveSync mobile devices that Tony Smith has used that are associated with his mailbox.

If we want to block the mobile device, we can manage it in ABQ

Use the command: New-ActiveSyncDeviceAccessRule

New-ActiveSyncDeviceAccessRule -Characteristic DeviceModel -QueryString DeviceModel -AccessLevel Block

If so can the user configure email on the same device?

No, the rule will block all the activesync for that device.

Regards, 

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 30, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hi Thanks 

One of my user is facing issue configuring mail on his mobile. i just want to delete the device and tell user to reconfigure his email again, how can i delete the device

Monday, December 30, 2019 4:38 AM
  • You have 2 options. 

1. use ECP (https://outlook.office.com/ecp/) under the users account and select Phone then delete the device or 

2. delete the device via powershell

Remove-MobileDevice -Identity WM_JeffHay

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/devices/remove-mobiledevice?view=exchange-ps

• Proposed as answer by Josh Bines Monday, December 30, 2019 1:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Glenn Maxwell Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:31 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2019 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

Remove-MobileDevice cmdlet is used to remove mobile device partnerships that identify the devices that are configured to synchronize with user mailboxes. It is useful for removing mobile devices that no longer synchronize successfully with the server.

It can also be managed in Owa for the user. Settings=>general=>mobile devices.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 8:56 AM
  • Get-MobileDevice -Mailbox user1@contoso.com
    RunspaceId              : f47865rty-4ab0-4ea4-aa1b-383a85917874
    FriendlyName            :
    DeviceId                : 947C7CERR505765CBE87123F5BD65SSFE

which of the below syntax do i need to use
    Remove-MobileDevice -Identity user1@contoso.com
    or
    Remove-MobileDevice -Identity 947C7CERR505765CBE87123F5BD65SSFE
    Wednesday, January 1, 2020 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

The Identity parameter specifies the mobile device partnership that you want to remove. You can use any value that uniquely identifies the mobile device. For example:

• GUID
    • DeviceID

So use the following 

Remove-MobileDevice -Identity 947C7CERR505765CBE87123F5BD65SSFE

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Glenn Maxwell Thursday, January 2, 2020 5:31 PM
    Thursday, January 2, 2020 1:17 AM