POSReady 7 Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I have been asked to set up a POSReady 7 image & have input a Temporary Activation code which has 127 days left. I was sent a Windows Embedded Activation code but it is not in the same format as usual Activation codes.

I have read somewhere that POSReady 7 does not need an activation code? Is this correct?

Where can i get an Activation code for POSReady 7?

Thank you for any assistance

Kind regards

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:12 PM

Answers

• POSReady 7 does need to be activated. You need to get a run-time license key from a Microsoft distributor. The key can be entered in when you install the OS, or placed in an Answer file if you are using SIM to create a custom installation disk to automate the installation process. You will only need the one key, and it is good for all systems. A license sticker gets placed on each system.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by Sean LimingMVP Sunday, February 21, 2016 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:17 PM
  • The key is a 5x5 alpha numeric key. The pattern you are showing looks like a serial number from a license sticker.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:14 PM

All replies

• POSReady 7 does need to be activated. You need to get a run-time license key from a Microsoft distributor. The key can be entered in when you install the OS, or placed in an Answer file if you are using SIM to create a custom installation disk to automate the installation process. You will only need the one key, and it is good for all systems. A license sticker gets placed on each system.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:17 PM
  • Hi Sean, Thank you for your reply. I do have what i think is the Run time license key - without me having to put it up on the forum could you tell me the format of the runtime license key please? i have XXXXX-XXX-XXX-XXX.

Sorry but this is the 1st time having to do this. I have set it up using the Temp product key i was given so if possible could you tell me how to put the run time license in please?

Thank you for your assistance - very much appreciated.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 10:13 AM
  • The key is a 5x5 alpha numeric key. The pattern you are showing looks like a serial number from a license sticker.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:14 PM