Two Icons on My Taskbar have gone Retro. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I installed Windows 7 about a month or so ago. Getting used to the new task bar was probably the hardest feature to get used to. But, I love to be able to put what I want on it. This morning, when I turned on my PC, I noticed something different. Two of the icons decided they wanted their names beside them, and now they look like the old Windows Taskbar. I have carefully gone through all of the settings. I have read all of the help. I cannot find any mention of this. I tried right clicking on the two rogue icons and their normal Windows 7 lists were there like they have always been. Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to get these two old-school task bar entries back to icons again? If it matters, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks in advance!

Nik
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Nik,

Try right clicking on the Taskbar -> Properties -> chose "Always combine, hide labels" in "Taskbar buttons" section -> click OK.

Please see if this can resolve the issue. If the issue persists, could you please capture a screenshot of the current situation by the steps below?

Capture screenshot

============

1. Please reproduce this issue, and then press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let us know the link.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, December 1, 2009 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:13 AM