none
Can't Connect my AD RMS on premise to my Sharepoint 2013 IRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Masters,

I'm having an error regarding IRM, i am trying to use my on-prem RMS Server but i have this error

"The required Active Directory Rights Managements Service Client(MSIPC.DLL) is present but could not be configured properly. IRM will not work until the client is configured properly.

I already set the permission of ServerCertification.asmx in wwwroot folder.

What else i am missing?

Thanks in advance

Qanna

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 5:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Qanna,

To make sure SharePoint discover the AD RMS cluster, you need to register the Service Connection  Point (SCP) in Active Directory Domain Services.

So, if you don't register SCP, please register it.

Thanks,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Qanna Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:12 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Qanna,

After you set permission of ServerCertification.asmx, browse to the following site:  https://YOURSERVER/_wmcs/certification/servercertification.asmx

If you get prompted for a login, you did not set the permissions correctly. (You can grant "everyone" those permissions to check that it is not some other problem)

In addition to granting permission to ServerCertification.asmx, please import the certificate from the RMS Server to Trusted Root Certificates for the COMPUTER account of the Sharepoint Server.

Here is a similar thread, check if it is useful for you:
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/cb65407a-b40c-42e6-8c4e-2bf7588e6c00/configuring-irm-for-sharepoint-2013?forum=sharepointadmin

Thanks,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:18 AM
  • already grant the correct permissions for servercertifaction.asmx. still got the error.

Additional to my scenario. In adrms, I did not register my scp in AD. i hope it is not the cause on why i cant connect my ad rms server to client (Sharepoint).

Thursday, January 14, 2016 9:20 AM
  • Hi Qanna,

To make sure SharePoint discover the AD RMS cluster, you need to register the Service Connection  Point (SCP) in Active Directory Domain Services.

So, if you don't register SCP, please register it.

Thanks,

Wendy

• Marked as answer by Qanna Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:12 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 8:10 AM