Essentials Update Service RRS feed

• Question

• I've been searching for information regarding the Essentials Update Servies & how it integrates with ROM to determine if the port 8531 would need to be opened.  Please elaborate on what the Essentials Update Service provides to ROM as I am not finding very much information. I'm not aware ROM being able to provide a Patch Managment Function?

Thanks

- Xing1010

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Xing -

If you desire to connect 'backwards' from the service provider network to the customer Essentials server using the Essentials "remote console" scenario, you need these ports inbound published from the service provider to the Essentials server: TCP 5724 and TCP 8531.

The service provider connects individually to each Essentials customer to approve updates.

John Joyner

MVP-OM | MCTS: OM

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Xing -

If you desire to connect 'backwards' from the service provider network to the customer Essentials server using the Essentials "remote console" scenario, you need these ports inbound published from the service provider to the Essentials server: TCP 5724 and TCP 8531.

The service provider connects individually to each Essentials customer to approve updates.

John Joyner

MVP-OM | MCTS: OM

Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:55 AM
  • No, we won't be using this Remote Console for our environment. Thanks for the awnser John.

Thanks John

- Xing1010

Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:16 PM