Outlook 2010 orphaned account RRS feed

• Question

• Win 10/Outlook 2010 issue.  I have an orphaned account that tries to connect to my email server but can't.  The account is not listed in account settings.  If I delete the associated .pst outlook won't open.  If I open the profile editor (via Control Panel; not Settings) it lists the account but I can't delete it because its checked as default and I can't transfer default to another account.  The orphaned account is not default in the Outlook Account list.  Any ideas?
    Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may consider to create a new Outlook mail profile, configure your email accounts in the new mail profile, and then delete the profile that contains the orphaned account.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:30 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 2:58 AM
  • Hello,

You can resolve the issue easily by creating new Outlook profile as suggested the moderator “Steve”. Follow the steps given below:
    1. Go to Start Button >> Control Panel
    2. Click on Mail icon >> Shown Profile >> Add.
    3. Provide the Profile a name and press Ok.
    4. Now follow the directions provided to use this newly created Profile.

For more information, refer the given link: http://www.msoutlookware.com/basic-tips/introduction-of-outlook-profile.html

Thanks & Regards,
    Kelvin Howard
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:30 AM
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 8:40 AM
  • Hello,

How is everything going now? Have you tried with a new Outlook mail profile?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:30 AM