"Access deny" page when trying to display an item. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I have a list with "Limit access" permission for "Test Group".

There is one item in the list with "Read" permission for "Test Group".

I can see the item on the AllItems.aspx, and I can open a context menu of the item, when I logged into the site by user of "Test Group".

But when I'm trying to display item, I get "Access deny" page.

Help me, please. 

Is it right behavior?

I would like following: When Admin created an item, users form "Test Group" have not permissions by default. But if Admin give permissions, they can see Display.aspx from.

Thank you!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, April 4, 2011 8:41 AM NEVER use exxclamations in Titles. All they are are attempts to grab attention to posts. Title revised to reflect the text better
    Monday, April 4, 2011 7:03 AM

Answers

• Thank you very much for you answers!

Fortunately I found the solution. 

It was non-Sharepoint feature "Column protector" that I used for a test earlier. When I deactivated this feature, all works fine! 

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi SPAnton2010,

First of all, I would like to suggest you to check if your account have appropriate permissions to do this. If the problem is not in this, you can refer to this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823278, you may experience this even though you are logged on by using a user account that is a member of the Domain Administration group and you are the site owner if the Windows SharePoint Service Web site. So try the solutions from the KB article, maybe this could help you to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Peng Lei

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:50 AM
  • Hi,

Usually if you have read permission you can only read the items , I mean you can able to see it but if you tried to access it will give you access denied. Limited Access is similar to the read access. So when Admin creates an item you can only view but you cannot do any thing on a particular item or list.

Let us know If you have any questions.

SPsRocks
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:47 AM Let US know - these aren't private conversations
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:05 AM
  • does your list have broken permissions inheritance or it inherits permissions from web? If it inherits permissions from web - what permissions has Test Group on the web?

Try also to assign Read permission for Test group on whole list (it may be required because in order to display list item Sharepoint uses DispForm.aspx - you need permissions to access this form). After that assign Read permission to Item1 for Test group and to Item2 for Test group2. Check that members of Test group don't have permissions to read Item2 (and members of Test group2 don't have permissions to read Item1). If it will work like this - your case will be covered even if Test group will have Read permission on the whole list.

Blog - http://sadomovalex.blogspot.com
    CAML via C# - http://camlex.codeplex.com
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:04 AM
  • Thank you very much for you answers!

Fortunately I found the solution. 

It was non-Sharepoint feature "Column protector" that I used for a test earlier. When I deactivated this feature, all works fine! 

Tuesday, April 5, 2011 3:55 PM