Outlook Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Randomly experiencing this issue, usually when outlook (and a few email) have been open for more than a day. I have depleted my google-fu skills in trying to resolve this issue. This is within a VM environment and the outlook is configured online to an on premises exchange server. 

This error is a bit generic and I have been chasing down several rabbit holes looking at several solutions. I have tried the office analyzer tool, set outlook to a different profile, run office repair, and even attempted a reinstall. I issued a separate VM and the problem seems to have followed which makes me think it would be server related. I have run it in safe mode with the same issues being encountered and even disabled all plugins. 

IS THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS? Please help me in keeping my sanity in tact... :)

The program OUTLOOK.EXE version 16.0.4861.1000 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
     Process ID: 438c
     Start Time: 01d530bea38458d1
     Termination Time: 4294967295
     Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
     Report Id: 1c88dc46-7dfc-4381-a4f0-a9938893fa17
     Faulting package full name: 
     Faulting package-relative application ID: 
     Hang type: Top level window is idle

Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:24 PM

All replies

• What is the size of your outlook data folder?
    Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

Online Mode maintains a direct connection to an Exchange server, its long-term use may cause Outlook to perform poorly. So it is suggested to start your Outlook in cached mode and test, which is also the most recommended way to run Outlook client.

In this case, I also want to know the same question as DumbleD0re: What's the size of your mailbox? Because a big size of mailbox may also cause your issue. You can view the size of your mailbox via File > Tools > Mailbox Cleanup. You can also reduce your mailbox size here.

For details, please refer to the "Reduce your mailbox size" section in this article.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, July 12, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 15, 2019 9:39 AM