none
USMT5 - backing up and restoring wifi profiles - W7 and W8 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone noticed with USMT5 that wifi profiles back up correctly (scanstate), i.e. this location, "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\Profiles\Interfaces".

But do not restore (loadstate) correctly. i.e. they restore to this location, "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Wlansvc\MigrationData\Profiles\Interfaces"

• Edited by dude -d Monday, June 16, 2014 9:44 AM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 9:44 AM

All replies

• You could force it to restore to alternate location using USMT XML files or run a script or command line in the end of the Task sequence to move it to the right location.

Regards, Vik Singh "If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:45 AM
  • Thanks Vik. I was just thinking that about re-routing it to the right location with a USMT XML file. However, if you are migrating data and settings to & from different hardware, they will have different "Interfaces" (i.e. network adapters). So that wouldn't work?

(perhaps in the past I didn't notice this as I was mostly migrating data on the same hardware  - e.g. from Vista to W7 - however I don't think that's the case...)

Monday, June 16, 2014 3:45 PM