none
Browser Mode: IE8 for IE 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I am aware of compatibility mode for IE10, which runs sites as if the browser was IE7, but there is one particular site where we actually need IE8 mode. I am aware of the F12 method of manually selecting Browser Mode, and also the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION registry key, but the problem is that even if I enter a value of "8888" decimal, when then opening up IE10, and pressing F12 to see the browser mode, it shows up as "Browser mode: Unknown". It seems only the value for IE9, 9999, or IE7, 7000 actually works. Am I doing something wrong when trying to force IE8 mode via registry? Also, I don't suppose there is any way to run a particular site in IE8 mode? Using Group Policy I can only force certain sites in IE7 mode.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

you need to contact the site developers and ask them to add the x-ua IE=8 meta tag to their pages or headers or remove their UAS sniffing code from their pages.

Post questions about html, css and scripting to the IE Web development forum. Include with your questions a link to your website, or mashup to show the issue.

Go to http://modern.ie for tools to inspect websites for compatibility issues. Remove the site dependencies for UAS sniffing and code to 'standards'.

or

upgrade to IE11 which now has an Enterprise mode over-ride.

remove feature-control-browser-emulation for IExplorer.exe.... feature_controls are meant for external applications or the web browser control...

Forcing all sites into IE7 emulation will break other websites.

Rob^_^

Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this:

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

you need to contact the site developers and ask them to add the x-ua IE=8 meta tag to their pages or headers or remove their UAS sniffing code from their pages.

Post questions about html, css and scripting to the IE Web development forum. Include with your questions a link to your website, or mashup to show the issue.

Go to http://modern.ie for tools to inspect websites for compatibility issues. Remove the site dependencies for UAS sniffing and code to 'standards'.

or

upgrade to IE11 which now has an Enterprise mode over-ride.

remove feature-control-browser-emulation for IExplorer.exe.... feature_controls are meant for external applications or the web browser control...

Forcing all sites into IE7 emulation will break other websites.

Rob^_^

Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:00 PM