none
How to show all summary tasks in the custom views RRS feed

• Question

• I have created some custom views in Project server, e.g. Delayed tasks , Completed Tasks. Activites are coming fine in the view, but i also required summary tasks to be shown in the views, just like default views.  Please suggest the solution
    • Edited by Vishal 014 Wednesday, March 7, 2018 6:42 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:41 PM

All replies

• I have created some custom views in Project server, e.g. Delayed tasks, Completed Tasks. Activites are coming fine in the view, but i also required summary tasks to be shown in the views, just like default views.  Please suggest the solution      
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

Is it in MS Project or in PWA

I guess this is because you have some filters in your view. Be sure to check the option “show related summary rows” in the filter definition.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 1:49 PM
  • I have facing this issue in PWA, i have created some custom project level view by copying Task Summary view and applied filter to show only those activities where % complete is 100%, in the same view I am not able to view all summary tasks.

In contrast to this when I apply filter to default Task summary view, I am getting the desired output.

Default Task Summary view with applied filter:

Summary task having 79% completion is visible, which is desired.

Custom Completed Task view:

The same parent summary task is not visible in custom view, however the logic (show 100% completed) is same

• Edited by Vishal 014 Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:40 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:39 PM