Application not found - for external hard drive (seagate product) RRS feed

• Question

• I just got a new hard drive 500 GB's and my computers say "G:\        Application not found" 

I also do suspect that my computer might have some virus on it but I am having a hard time finding them ( This might be the problem)

but yah if anyone could help me that would be great

Thank you greatly! 

Monday, January 17, 2011 2:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the following methods:

Method 1: (If autorun.inf file is present)

Go to control panel then folder options. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.

Then go to the device not opening and explore it. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it. Then disconnect usb device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2: (If autorun.inf file isn't present)

Go to command prompt and write the following.

attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

press enter and then write

del X:\autorun.inf

press enter and after this disconnect usb device from system and reconnect it.

Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (F:\, G:\, etc).

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:15 AM

All replies

• you have to format the drive first. go to command prompt type;"format g:"

let us know if it works

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:22 PM
  • Hi,

Please try the following methods:

Method 1: (If autorun.inf file is present)

Go to control panel then folder options. Press tab view and check view hidden files and folders.

Then go to the device not opening and explore it. Look if you see autorun.inf and if present delete it. Then disconnect usb device from system and reconnect it.

Method 2: (If autorun.inf file isn't present)

Go to command prompt and write the following.

attrib -s -r -h X:\autorun.inf

press enter and then write

del X:\autorun.inf

press enter and after this disconnect usb device from system and reconnect it.

Note: Please notice that X means the drive letter (F:\, G:\, etc).

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:15 AM