Need help activating windows vista RRS feed

• Question

• I had vista installed and activated on my computer and decided i really needed to reinstall it because everything was just too cluttered. i kept all of my important documents on an external hard drive. now when i try to activate vista again it says that the key is already in use... is that because i reinstalled it? what should i do?
    Friday, January 30, 2009 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi there,

This usually happens when you make a major hardware change like Motherboard, processor etc but since you are getting this message, try activating over the phone.

Microsoft Windows Vista Consumer Product Activation Phone Number: 
    1-866-740-1256

Good Luck

Ricardo Fuentes A+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:01 AM
  • No luck. i tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideas?
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:37 PM
  • Microsoft Vista:   tttttttttttttttttJ82DJ-63C6Y-FQQM9-4Q2H7-WHBTXtttttttttttttt
    Friday, February 27, 2009 7:29 PM
  • thanks, i think that would have worked but i have vista ultimate and it said that the key would not work with this version of vista.
    Friday, February 27, 2009 8:20 PM
  • try this:
    http://vistasupport.mvps.org/product_key_already_in_use.htm

HTH,
    Chris

P.S.:
    @ microshaft.....:
    please don't post keys.
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 12:19 AM
  • thats just telling me to call. i already tried that. Thanks for the help though!
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 5:19 AM
  • And, what happened?  Automatic activation failed, I take it?

Did you read down to step 11 (wait on the line, call will be transferred to A Real Human)?  ;)
    If you did, and you talked to a human, what happened then?
    [If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" or "Helpful" button at the top of this message. By marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 10:36 PM
  • After the robot told me it would not work, it transferred me to a representative who said that it would not work...
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 2:31 AM
  • That doesn't sound right, but I'm no one to judge. Please see this link, I beleive you have an illegal copy of Windows Vista http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/default.aspx

Good luck...

Ricardo Fuentes A+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Anthony_Mann Friday, March 20, 2009 4:42 AM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:26 AM
  • ugh your probably right.... i guess thats what i get for buying a computer on craigslist. not all is bad though because i also have windows 7 beta on it too.
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:50 PM