none
Local Office 365 Apps opened by Virtual Applications generate all kinds problems RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning:

I'm looking for a little guidance.  I have Windows Server 2016 Terminal Servers.  I rely heavily on App-V, and many of my virtualized applications open Office Apps.  For example, an application may send an email as a user and open an Outlook window, or it may generate a report and spit out an Excel file.

I've found that since upgrading to Office 365 from Office 2016, there are many problems with this happening.  The problems are rather odd, but in general, usually the office application never fully opens.

Is there any general guidance on how to handle applications with App-V when they open an Office 365 application?  I don't need the virtualization of the office applications, I just need them to open!

Thanks,

Monday, June 24, 2019 2:09 PM

Answers

• I have found a solution to my problem.  It appears to be an undocumented solution, but it's working in my environment.  Hopefully I'll be as luck as others who has implemented it.

The fix was adding the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide] 
    "AllowJitvInAppvVirtualizedProcess"=dword:00000001 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide] 

• Marked as answer by Joe.Robinson Monday, June 24, 2019 7:38 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 7:38 PM

All replies

• I have found a solution to my problem.  It appears to be an undocumented solution, but it's working in my environment.  Hopefully I'll be as luck as others who has implemented it.

The fix was adding the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide] 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide] 

• Marked as answer by Joe.Robinson Monday, June 24, 2019 7:38 PM
    Monday, June 24, 2019 7:38 PM
  • Also have a look at this
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:26 AM