Is it possible to send SMS notification alerts on call assigned in SCSM using SCCM and SMS gateway RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear All,

I was wondering if it is possible to to send SMS notification alerts on call assigned in SCSM using SCCM and SMS gateway.

If SCOM can send SMS I think SCSM should also be able to do, and there should not be a need to purchase and partner product to integrate the requirement....

Thanks,

Kalpankur PAndey

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can trigger workflows within SCSM. If you can access your SMS Gateway with some sort of software you can use SCSM as the trigger for it. I'm not aware that SCCM can help you out here. Orchestrator (SCO) will definitely help here...

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria | German System Center Blog: www.systemcenterblog.at

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Dear Peter,

Which OIP in SCORCH will help send SMS, Or do you recommend using powershell script. Please suggest what should be good for a production environment....

Thanks,

Kalpankur Pandey

Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

there is no integration pack for doing this directly - in other words there is as far as I know no IP for talking with an SMS gateway. It depends how you can communitcate with your gateway. If you need to start a program, than you need the "Run Program" Activity within the "System" section.

Peter Forster | MVP Virtual Machine 2002-2011 | Austria | German System Center Blog: www.systemcenterblog.at

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:43 AM