No Longer Able To Boot Vista or Safe Mode RRS feed

• Question

• *I am unsure if this is posted in the appropriate forum, if not please move*

Windows Vista will no longer boot up for me. I have a virus, as all of a sudden IE started to open multiple windows over and over again automatically. I can no longer boot up Vista or run it in safe mode to remove virus. 

I have ran the Vista installation disc to repair problems however that did not work. I would do a re-install but I have around 7 files that I need sitting on the desktop.

I have uploaded screenshots of the errors I saw. Please check and respond back with help. Thank you!

Please go to this directory to view uploaded screenshots http://retirementfromwork.com/vista/
    • Edited by corneliusw Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:52 PM updated link
    Monday, December 14, 2009 6:01 PM

All replies

• When you ran the rapair tool. Did you run rapair at the fyrst screen where it says R for rapair? You might also check out a tool for system recovery called

SystemRescueCd. Just burn the program to a disk (If you are able to do that) and boot from cd. Read intructions and follow through.

You can learn about it here

And you can download it here

Otherwise you chould take out the HD and insert it as a slave in another computer and extract the files you need then reformat and reinstall.

But please check system repair fyrst:)
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:25 AM