SPMT seems to stall at 95% on Rd1 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using the SPMT (v2.0.99) to migrate data to SPO. Each time, I've migrated data, it seems to stall for about 20-30 minutes when it hits around 95% of the data migrated. I do not see any errors in the logs about communication failures. After about 30 minutes it resumes/completes the migration project. Is this normal? I'd like to get an understanding on what this tool is doing behind the scenes. Also do this use Azure blob storage during the migration like the Powershell scripts do?

Next migration is a 30GB file share from the file share server and this is causing me concerns pertaining migrating this data in a timely manner (< 24 hrs).

Thank you,

Bob

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:08 PM

All replies

• hi, Bob,
    for your question, "Is this normal? I'd like to get an understanding on what this tool is doing behind the scenes"
    SPMT is doing incremental migration by comparing source and target data.
    for the factor to impact migration speed, it includes # of files, file size, RAM, free space in working folder and network environment.
    for more information, please read the article from http://aka.ms/spmt.
    if you got any issue, please
    Please share everything under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\admin@XXXX.onmicrosoft.com\WF_XXXXX folder to Migration dev servicing migration_team@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 24, 2018 6:16 AM