Keep getting errors on Kuma Games RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm no expert here and I have basic computer skills..I've killed more than one however trying to fix it..Some I fixed and other well..

I just purchased a new system. It's not top of the line or anything ..I've always had intel pentiums in the past, this time I went with a AMD athlom (tm) 64 x2 dual core processor 4800+ 2.51 GHz, 1 GB of RAM

It had an intergrated video card so I installed a Geforce 7300 GT..

Already I'm having second guesses about this PC.. I downloaded Kuma War and began to play ..as soon as I entered the game and began to move etc..I got an error message telling me Kuma War has encountered a problem & it needs to close. Microsoft prompted me to report this error..What ever the error was I don't know.. I looked at the detailed error info & I saw a list the length of Young Street.. It was full of dll files and other stuff, but it didn't really tell me if either was in fault for the error.. I thinks it's just a snap shot of all the files or processes running while the error occured.

Is there a way I can check into these reports I make.. Microsoft collects the info to see if it's a software issue and uses it to enhance or update their products.. That doesn't help me much in the mean time..

I've downloaded or updated all my drivers which were good anyway seeing the PC is only hours old..

I don't even know if I'm in the right place to troubleshoot this, but you all seem like experts so maybe someone has a simple solution or good info site for further help

Thanks to all who reply.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is for Windows Vista related issues. From the post, we see error occurred on Kuma Game. For yours better served, we recommend you to contact Kuma technical support to solve this problem.

Base on my experience,  you may check whether the program can run normally on other computers. Also this program may incompatible to other programs. You can uninstall it and install it correctly.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for Windows Vista related issues. From the post, we see error occurred on Kuma Game. For yours better served, we recommend you to contact Kuma technical support to solve this problem.

Base on my experience,  you may check whether the program can run normally on other computers. Also this program may incompatible to other programs. You can uninstall it and install it correctly.

Hope it helps.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 6:14 AM
  •  

Actually this problem was fixed using peer support.  Apparently it was a vista problem but I'm not yet sure it was just a matter of compatibility settings or what.  This problem related to the older nworld-based kumawar1 which many players consider to be better than their newer Source-based games in terms of experience but definitely not in terms of reliability.

When I find out what the problem was, I'll post it back on here since my period of 'escapism' isn't quite over yet Wink

antointhefixer

Sunday, December 30, 2007 10:13 AM
  • Oops - I forgot about this!

In case anyone else comes up with the same problem.  I've had Kuma up on Vista for a good 10 months before I came across this old post.

KumaWar1 needs 'run as administrator' permissions so you'll need to go to 'compatibility' in 'properties' and check the run as administrator box.  That will cause the UAC to prompt you before you start it.  You'll also have to go into the Program files\kuma games\ folder to  give the kuma downloader admin permissions too for any maps that you might want to download.  Just think - I'l lsoon be doing it all over again for Windows 7!

Admittedly it was a good 12 months before I started using Vista.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:30 AM