Upgrading from 4.1 to 4.5 server fails RRS feed

• Question

• I just attempted to upgrade our 4.1 management server to 4.5 (all clients have been upgraded) and ran into the following problem:

http://rickardandersson.com/drop/app-v_upgrade.png

\\vsrv012\SoftGridContent is the old content dir. The vsrv012 server has since been "decommissioned". The content directory is now local to the server in C:\SoftGrid\Content. I relocated the directory per Microsoft's instructions a long time ago and all has been well since.

When I couldn't get the upgrade to continue, I decided to have a quick look in the SoftGrid database and I did find one mention of the old path (in root_path field of the SERVERS table). I changed it and tried the upgrade again, but no change.

Anyone?

PS. I did first run into this problem , but I doubt it's related.

Cheers,
    Rickard
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:19 AM

Answers

• CU1. I "solved it" by starting with a fresh database and re-imported all applications.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:48 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Is that path somewhere in the registry?

/Znack
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:48 AM
  • No. I did find it before, but it was a in an MRU list (not related).
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:04 AM
  • Hello,

Well, not sure if it matters, however I also perfomed a move and the new directory wasn't utilized until I specifed the last slash in the search-path.

So:
    c:\softgrid\content
    No go...
    and c:\softgrid\content\
    Go...

SOFTGRID_CONTENT_DIR was the key that I had to change, now what kinda bothered me is that the old directory was saved somewhere and I never figured out where...
    However, since it has been working for a long time I doubt that this is your issue.
    /Znack
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:54 AM
  • I gave up and started up the old vsrv012 server just to please the installer. This worked until I ran into error 25119 .
    Monday, August 24, 2009 9:19 AM
  • Hello,

Are you using 4.5 RTM or CU1?

/Znack
    Monday, August 24, 2009 10:15 AM
  • CU1. I "solved it" by starting with a fresh database and re-imported all applications.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:48 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 8:05 AM