none
Create new user account and force creation of user directory structure in MDT RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up a Deployment workbench to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise IoT 2016.  I am working on a standalone PC and the deployment will be made by creating a bootable ISO.  I have all of this working.  I am creating a new user account and need to copy a couple of command files to the user directory before I create the iso image.

The user directory structure is not created until the user logs in for the first time, so I tried creating the user home directory and copying the files to that directory.  When I do this and the user logs in for the first time, the home directory becomes some strange name instead of the directory I created.

Is it possible to create a new user account and force it to create the user home directory structure in MDT?

I am currently using a command file that executes "net user NewUser NewUserPassword /add /homedir:c:\Users\NewUser" to create the user account from MDT.

Monday, October 22, 2018 7:29 PM