none
Run PowerShell Script Activity - Keyset Does Not Exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am having issues with setting credentials for the Run PowerShell Scrip Activity in MIMWAL.

I have figured out the Encrypt.ps1:

However when I use the key in the workflow and try to save it I get "Keyset does not exist":

These are the permissions on the first portal box:

And these on the second:

Any idea/pointers for what I might be missing or how I could isolate the issue further?

Many thanks,

Michael

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 2:16 AM

Answers

• Actually. It is whoever saves the form.

So everyone that has access to create/edit workflows should be granted read access to the certificate.

/Søren

Friday, June 1, 2018 12:06 PM

All replies

• Currently there is a check on the UI form to validate that the password can be decrypted. The UI form code will run on the Portal under the context of SharePoint portal account (so admittedly the value of this validation check is limited as workflows runs on the FIMService context). So try granting the portal account perms as well.
    Wednesday, April 4, 2018 10:24 AM
    Owner
  • I wasn't able to get it work after granting the SharePoint portal account permissions... however after some experimentation I found granting the mimadmin user read permissions on the mimservice private worked a treat.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Good that you have a way forward. So I was not 100% correct. If this need read perms for mimadmin, then I'm just going to drop that validation check in the UI in the next release (which I as mentioned provided limited benefit).
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:17 AM
    Owner
  • Actually. It is whoever saves the form.

So everyone that has access to create/edit workflows should be granted read access to the certificate.

/Søren

Friday, June 1, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Good to know; thanks Søren Povelsen!
    Sunday, June 3, 2018 11:12 PM