Tapes not filling since 2012 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My tapes have been playing up since we upgraded to 2012 over the weekend. Most of the tapes aren't filling up like they did in 2010.

Yesterday I reset up the co-loaction as I hadn't realised it had moved. This seems to have helped a bit.

All I want the tapes to do is fill up and the be marked to go off site. This is my rotation and retention policy.

A daily backup that has a retention time of 12 weeks.

A monthly backup that goes off on the 1st of each month and has a retention time of 360 months. The monthly tapes that don't fill up stay in the library until the next month.

I have set the write period to 7 weeks so that the monthlies don't go Offsite Ready prior to next month and left Expire Tolerance to 7 days.

The gui is also reporting 2 tapes drives in use, but only one has a tape in it. This is on protection group that is allocated two drives.

If you look at screenshot 1 you can see the off sites normally has about 2.5GB of data on an LTO4 tape. Slots 1 and 3 aren't full or marked Off Site yet I got an error asking for a tape. Screenshot 2 show another set of tapes not marked Off Site and not full, but Data Protection Manager reports Job awaiting tape.

Best wishes

Michael

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you found a solution to this? I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on two different sites after upgrade to DPM 2012.

/Amir

Friday, May 3, 2013 9:18 AM
  • Hi Amir,

It seemed to sort itself out after a bit of time once I put it on the settings I mentioned above.

Best wishes

Michael

Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:43 AM