"This message wasn't sent to [COLLEAGUE NAME]" not appearing unless I copy/paste my message in OneNote RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering why my co-worker sometime was not answering my IM even when he was online.
    I found out that if I copied the message I sent in OneNote, the text "This message wasn't sent to [COLLEAGUE NAME]" appears in these cases, in small grey font after the unsent messages. Sometimes multiple message in a row don't make it and sometimes he gets almost every IM but a few ones have that dreadful notification under them in OneNote. That notification, however, does NOT appear in Skype itself and so I have no easy way to know if my message were sent. So far I haven't noticed that issue happening with my other co-workers, but that might be due to the fatc that this specifce co-worker represents close to 97% of my Skype conversations. It was a fluke that I even noticed these notification appeared in OneNote as I wanted to keep a specific conversation for future reference and it's only then that I noticed this.

It has caused some major communication issue. Am I the only one with this issue? I couldn't find a thread about this specific issue. Is that a design flaw or is there something going wrong on here? I looked through my options and nothing seems to be causing this behavior. Help!

Thursday, March 9, 2017 12:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Vincent Carle,

Does the issue only appear on the specific user?  Is it an intermittent issue?

For troubleshooting this issue, please try the following steps:
    1. Install the latest update for your SFB client.
    2. Perform a clean boot on your computer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    3. Try to repair Office.

For SFB server side, please check if it is the latest update, and you could also schedule downtime to restart SFB server.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:27 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 2:44 AM