Caller ID Suppression – Exemptions RRS feed

• Question

• We have caller ID suppression setup in our deployment all calls going through the general main route will display our main office line as the ID, I want to setup a list of exemptions I setup another route and as a test entered in just my cell phone # but when I make a test call the calling party is showing up as our main office line, when I enter my number in the test voice routing it says it should go through my secondary route which does not have caller ID suppression enabled, yet when I actually make the call the caller ID is being suppressed and displayed as our main office line, now shutting of the suppression in the main route causes it to display correctly. So I have to figure I am going about this the wrong way, any tips or advice as to how to best set this up?

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:20 PM

Answers

• It could be that the number you sending out (which should be E.164) isn't in a format recognized by your PSTN provider, and it could be defaulting to your pilot/main office number.  If you're using a gateway, try stripping the + (or the +1) from your number.  Failing that, try talking to your PSTN provider.

Ken

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, September 16, 2011 10:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, September 19, 2011 2:41 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:33 PM

All replies

• It could be that the number you sending out (which should be E.164) isn't in a format recognized by your PSTN provider, and it could be defaulting to your pilot/main office number.  If you're using a gateway, try stripping the + (or the +1) from your number.  Failing that, try talking to your PSTN provider.

Ken

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, September 16, 2011 10:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, September 19, 2011 2:41 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Hey Ken,

I acctually do strip away the +1 from the number, and as a whole it does work. I was just having issues making exemptions to when not to suppress the caller ID I created a route for numbers that I want to be exempt from caller ID suppression and in test cases it states said numbers should be going through this route yet when I place an acctual call I can see on a trace that Lync is still sending the suppressed ID number, even though it shouldn't be.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:49 PM
  • Hey Ben,

I understand what you're trying to do.  What I'm suggesting is that when you do the number suppression for the main route, maybe you're presenting the digits in the format recognized by your provider.  And when you're using your own specific route, maybe your provider doesn't recognize an unfiltered E.164 phone number.  You could test this by suppressing the number on your test route, but use your number in the same format as on the other route.

Ken

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:57 PM
  • Hey Ken,

I get what your saying now, I'll give it a test right now and come back with an update.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:02 PM