dav.syncedtool.com - Link Error - How to remove link RRS feed

• Question

• Reposted - to correct forum

When an excel file that is set to automatically update links is opened I am prompted to login to dav.syncedtool.com.

We do not have any network mapping to dav,syncedtool.com nore do we have anything that  uses dav.syncedtool.com

How do you remove the reference and link to dav.syncedtool.com from an Excel worksheet. The link seems to be hidden and does not appear in the Data ribbon in the edit data links. I tried deleting name manager to no avail.

thanks,

Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:01 PM

All replies

• When an excel file that is set to automatically update links is open I am prompted  to login to dav.syncedtool.com. How do you remove the referrence and link to dav.syncedtool.com link in Excel. The link seems to be hidden and does not appear in the Data ribbon in the edit data links.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 5:07 PM
  • How is this related to Outlook? Next time, verify that you are posting to the correct forum.

Anyway, you are or your company is probably using AxisCloud Sync and have mapped that web location as a network drive. Either verify the credentials or remove the mapped network drive.

https://axiscloudsync.com/how-do-i-map-a-drive-using-webdav/

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:47 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information of Roady was helpful. If yes, it is suggested to mark his reply as answer.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:45 AM
  • sorry - I reposted to the Excel IT.

We do not use AxisCloud Sync and do not have any mapped network drives to dav.syncedtool.com

The file has been shared with other people or machines that may have had it at some time. In any case we would like to remove it as it goes through a bunch of prompts. 

Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:06 PM
  • Hi,

What’s the source of this Excel file links? Is this problem occurred on all Excel files with external links? Are you using WebDAV?

Please try staring this Excel file in Safe Mode to see if this prompt appears? For how to open Excel in safe mode please refer to:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/open-office-apps-in-safe-mode-on-a-windows-pc-dedf944a-5f4b-4afb-a453-528af4f7ac72

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Friday, August 16, 2019 7:20 AM