Revert the autocomplete feature - Outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi team,

Could you tell us whether there is any plan to revert to the previous autocomplete feature in outlook 2016, the new autocomplete feature is really a bad idea in my opinion. I need more than 5 suggestions to be presented. Moreover, it doesn't provide suggestions when I was trying sending to a contact group. Is this an intended change? Is there a registry hack to prevent this?

Thursday, November 30, 2017 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. 

>>I need more than 5 suggestions to be presented.

This is a new feature suggested in Outlook 2016 Version 1707 (Build 8326.2058). Currently, there is no option available to turn off this new feature. If you have any feedback on this feature, I'd recommend you submit a feedback to our product team via the UserVoice forum. Although revisions cannot be made to the application, your feedback is appreciated. We want to hear from you about how we can make our products better. 

Regarding contact group not presenting in auto-complete suggestion, it's a known issue and our product team are aware of this and working on a fix.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, December 4, 2017 8:23 AM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 2:38 AM