none
what are the advantages of linking deliverables and activities? RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering what the advantages of liking deliverables and activities are.

I want to set %progress for deliverables.also I want to entry %progress just for activities. is there any way to do that? linking between %com for activities and %com for deliverables?

Monday, January 14, 2013 1:40 PM

Answers

• thanks for your helpful information. a number of activities must be done to mark deliverables as done.

so it's very important to link tasks and deliverables and entry just one %complete.

unfortunately there is no relation betwwn them in project server

• Marked as answer by Sam-Net Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:14 AM

All replies

• Generally, deliverables are used to provide an overall view of the project - and its external interactions, i.e. I have a program of interconnected projects, and I can pull each of these connections into a deliverable to generate a report of project gives/gets.

As for % progress, I would set it on the task, and then use a report to show how it is connected to a deliverable - but I don't use that feature much, and would welcome any other suggestion.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:00 PM
  • Hello Sam,

A deliverable is a tangible and measurable result, outcome, or product that must be produced to complete a project or part of a project. Typically, the project team and project stakeholders agree on the project deliverables before the project begins.

For more info check http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/project-server-help/create-and-manage-project-deliverables-HA010113059.aspx

Regards,

Vikram

Vikram Daruru - MSFT

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:46 AM
  • thanks for your helpful information. a number of activities must be done to mark deliverables as done.

so it's very important to link tasks and deliverables and entry just one %complete.

unfortunately there is no relation betwwn them in project server

• Marked as answer by Sam-Net Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:14 AM