none
track down lookup_table_structures conflict RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project file that was connected to the project server at one point before. It is now kind of orphaned and I would like to import it back to the server. However, it is always complaining about violating the PK in the dbo.msp_lookup_table_structures table. I believed there were some lookup data structure objects were left behind in the file from the server and it is blocking it from importing. I am wondering if there is anyway I can lookup these fields locally in the file.  I tried saving the file in XML but was unable to see any LU_Struct_UID  in it. Any idea?
    • Edited by hkg04 Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:37 AM

All replies

• I think if you convert it to XML and look carefully the XML file all the custom fields should be available under Extended attributes  for more information on how the custom field values are represented refer to : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968687.aspx

Let us know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Hi, sorry for jumping in here, there is a scenario where taking a folder offline, and in your case this is the same scenario, then the ECFs can be lost/overridden.  I would be very tempted to do an import of this project, probably by saving it as an MPP, and then saving it to PS, which would start the import wizard.  Just throwing this is as an option.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:45 PM
  • I did try this option, but the file is too big, over 500M that I am unable to find a suitable xml editor to open it.
    Friday, November 9, 2012 7:30 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion.

Can you provide some details about how to do this? I am running 2007 and not sure what PS is?

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:33 PM
  • PS = Project Server.  Once connect to Project Server, open the .mpp file and this will start the wizard.

Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:14 PM
  • The file is already in mpp format and that is where the problem is when I ran the import wizard and tried saving it to the server. The project is longer in the server anymore.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:25 PM
  • Okay.  I would cut and paste the tasks from one plan into another, and then save the new plan into Project Server.  This should get rid of any Project level ECFs.  If you have task level and/or resource level ECFs, then I would only take in a subset of columns.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:40 AM
  • Ok, I think I managed to locate the conflicted field, it is the Health lookup table for custom field. What I did was saving the project file into xml. I searched the xml with all the values that I found in the LT_STRUCT_UID PK column in the MSP_LOOKUP_TABLE_STRUCTURES table and saw one single GUID appears on both sides. I search the web and it showed the GUID from the default Health lookup table.  My question now is how do I remove this LUT in my project file. I believe this field was somehow imported from the project server and I can't seem to remove it from the Tools\Customize\Field options.

Thanks

Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:28 PM