none
Active Directory and Setting up a Help Desk / Service Desk Group RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to setup an Active Directory Security Group called Service Desk that does and has the following criteria:

1.) Domain Functional Level is Server 2008 R2.

2.) Create, Move, Modify information in the object/container/group, and delete that information respectively if needed. Reset passwords too. Domain Admins and respective higher authority groups are in a separate container to keep them from having the ability to be gain unauthorized access and make changes that could cause harm.

The steps I've done are delegate rights on the topmost container, for what I want them to be able to manage, and those rights are set to be inherited on all sub items within it.

The problem that comes to b,e is they can do everything except modify information on objects; it is either grayed out or does not allow them to type anything in those fields.

What am I missing? It has to be trivial.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Probably you might have taken that option from them during your delegation implementation. Are we talking modification for a particular attribute or the entire object?

Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC <a href="https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/4a046848-4b33-4a28-b254-e5b01e29693e/interactivecard"> View my MCP Certifications</a>

Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:26 AM
  • Hi,

Do you need further assistances on this issue by now?

If yes, would you please clarify more information so that we could better analyze this problem?

Best Regards,

Amy Wang

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:53 AM