none
UAC Disabled after Sysprep? RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the problem. I'm creating a Windows Server 2008 image on a reference machine, and then deploying it via Altiris Deployment Solution to another machine.

1.  Verify that UAC is enabled prior to sysprepping reference machine.
    2. Sysprep reference machine.
    3. Capture sysprepped image from reference machine.
    4. Allow sysprep to unpack on reference machine.
    5. Meanwhile, deploy captured image to another machine.
    6. Compare the two machines and find that UAC is still enabled on the reference machine, but disabled on the second machine.
    Now I haven't tested a whole slew of machines, but have found this is much more than a single weird occurrence.

Obviously, with this being a Microsoft forum, the first thing people are going to say is "It's Altiris' fault." But I'm wondering if there are any log files or other such places I can look to see if it's being actively disabled by something, Altiris or otherwise.
    Wednesday, December 31, 2008 5:32 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

What’s the result if not using Altiris Deployment Solution? What’s the result if using “imagex /capture and imagex /apply” or MDT/WDS to deploy the system?

If the issue does not occur using those methods on your computer, I am afraid this issue is related to Altiris Deployment Solution. Since Altiris Deployment Solution is a software manufactured by a company which is independent of Microsoft, our suggestions on this software is limited. I suggest contacting Symantec for detailed information.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Monday, January 5, 2009 6:57 AM