Seuqence Dynamics AX 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to sequence MS Dynamics AX 2010 (Client and Retail Headquarters).

There are several pre-requisites for this application. Should I install the dependent application physically and then sequence the main application or do I need to sequence each dependent application individually and then sequence the main application and use CG to work it out. 

Can anyone please guide on how it should be sequenced to make it work in App-V 5.0. I tried sequencing the dependent and main application together but the application fails to launch in app-v.

Thanks,

Roy

Friday, February 5, 2016 8:39 AM

All replies

• If the dependencies are usually installed in the local client machine and used by other apps then you can sequence like this. First Install the dependencies locally. start sequencer and virtualize only the main package.Make sure those dependencies are installed in the client prior to publishing and testing.

If the dependencies are only needed for your application, then sequence in a single package (Not a best way).

If not sequence separately and create CG and rearrange the priority order. It all depends upon the needs.

I found an article (using App-V 4.6 SP1) where it says to install the pre-requisites locally and sequence only the main package.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/appv/archive/2011/11/30/how-to-sequence-the-dynamics-ax-2012-client-with-app-v-4-6-sp1-on-windows-7-2008-r2.aspx

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

Wish to add MVP behind my name :)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Friday, February 5, 2016 9:27 AM
  • What are the Pre-Reqs that you are referring to? If there are any Redistributables then Sequencer will automatically identify it & will Include in the Package (You'll get a prompt about so and so are identified & included in the package). This is effect the performance but will reduce the chances of failure & additional work to Administrators as the Client will automatically make sure to get the redistributables while Publishing.

If it's only related to your app then club them. If it's shared pre-req then sequencing as an Individual package & using CG will be the better option.

How did you identified that the issue is because of sequencing as a single package?

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Friday, February 5, 2016 10:45 AM
  • Hi Vignesh and Vinod,

Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to add one more point. The applications also has Office addins, so if I sequence it with "Standard Application" option will there be issues with addins included in the application since I am not selecting "Add-on or plugin" option during sequencing?

Should I go for local install instead of app-v in that case?

Thanks,

Roy

Friday, February 5, 2016 11:03 AM
  • Yes, you can go ahead with standard application. Nothing wrong in giving a try.But make sure office package is locally installed. In the sequencer create a shortcut for office addin(excel, word etc). Publish it globally.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

Wish to add MVP behind my name :)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Friday, February 5, 2016 12:34 PM
  • I assume office is installed locally, or is it also virtualized?

If locally use runvirtual to configure office with this virtual app (even better, create a dummy package, point runvirtual to this package, include the dummy package in your connectiongroup).
    And, there is no need to publish the package globally. It should also work userbased.

Friday, February 5, 2016 11:07 PM