none
SSIS Script Component Transformation Set RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to read, change and output dataflow whole at once in the Script Component transformation? As array set, not row by row.
    • Edited by e v e r n i t e Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:29 PM Script Component
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi evernite,

What is Code Transformation is unclear, and it would be best if you could explain why your question is relevant, e.g. what are your goals.

Overall, to consume data in bulk we have the "fast load" option that must be more than anyone needs for efficient data ingestion.

If manipulations on data in transit need to be done it depends what and oftentimes it would be best to perform them on the database end once the data is in a staging table.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:08 PM
  • Oh sorry, i meant "Script Component Transformation".

My goal is to use .NET (as i am new to SSIS) with whole data set inside SSIS package.

Now i can use Script Component by only feeding separate rows of dataflow to it.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:41 PM
  • use the "fast load" option, in SSIS we resort to writing .net only when the standard functionality is not offered.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:27 PM
  • Hi Evernite,

According to your description, you need to use Script Component As Transformation in your SSIS package, right?

To achieve this we can use Derived column transformation when we have one word or two words but when we have more than two words in string, it get complicated and messy writing expression in Derived column. We can use script component in Data flow task. The Script Component can be used as Source, Destination or Transformation.

Reference
    http://www.techbrothersit.com/2013/07/ssis-how-to-use-script-component-as.html
    http://www.bimonkey.com/2009/09/the-script-transformation-part-1-a-simple-transformation/

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Thank you, i was able to achieve what i wanted with Derived Column transformations, but it was a bit messy.

This is just strange that there is no function of pushing all data at once inside Script Component transformation in some sort of collection.

Using Script Task seems the only way to get all array of data, but then you miss all functionality of Data Flow transformations and have to code input and output.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 8:11 AM