Microsoft SQL MP 6.6.0.0: An exception was thrown while processing GetSettingsDataSet for session ID.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I've upgraded the SQL MP to 6.6.0.0, it looks really nice, specially the new Dashboards.

Unfortunately I get an error frequently:

An exception was thrown

Event Description: An exception was thrown while processing GetSettingsDataSet for session ID uuid:bd07b2fd-a8a5-41de-b33a-e72c09ef6422;id=97348.

Exception message: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.

Full Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnauthorizedAccessEnterpriseManagementException: Der Benutzer XXX verfügt nicht über ausreichende Berechtigungen, um diesen Vorgang auszuführen.).

Any idea whats the problem? I only get this error from users with the role "Operations Manager Operators".

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>> I only get this error from users with the role "Operations Manager Operators".

The error implied a permission issue .

By default , the users under Operator Profile should be approved to access all dashboard and views .

I would suggest you check the permission again .

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

• Edited by Elton_Ji Wednesday, July 15, 2015 8:54 AM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:21 AM
  • Hi

Have you had an update on this? Did you resolve it?

I am seeing the same issue and can replicate in every SCOM environment for non-SCOM Admins.

I'll look into it further but would be useful to know if you found a resolution.

Cheers

Graham

http://blogs.technet.com/b/manageabilityguys/

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:12 AM
  • Hi Graham

No resolution found so far.

Regards

Nicolas

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Many people are experiencing this same issue. I would expect MS to publishing a new release, be on the watch for it.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 10:26 PM