none
G Suite Sync showing wrong dates RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon!

I am using Outlook 2016 and trying to sync G Mail (G Suite for Nonprofits).  I have migrated my emails from a PST file into G Suite (Gmail), and everything looks fine when I look at GMail online.  However, when I sync the emails to Outlook, the received date is incorrectly shown as the date the migration took place, rather than the date they were actually received.  

I've seen prior postings indicating to sort by the Sent column instead, and while this is an 'ok' workaround, I'm wondering if there is a better, more correct solution.

Any help would be great!  Thanks,

Gary J. Jahnke

gary@rockfordhealth.org

Friday, November 8, 2019 11:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Gary,

According to my research, when you access the migrated email from Outlook client to Gmail, the dates listed for the emails are the date of the migration, not the date of the emails themselves. This is by design.

And I'm afraid that the best workaround for this issue now is to sort by the Sent column. Then maybe you can find some add-ins which may slove this issue but it may not be safe and reliable.

Thanks for your understanding and hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 8:53 AM