Load a Specific Theme not working as expected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i want to load a specific theme when i image a computer and logon to my account for the first time.  i have tried it before and it does not apply the theme correctly and give me the Windows classic theme.  i have the theme file stored on a Network share but it does not work.  Yes the user profile has access to the share and can read it but it does not apply the theme correctly.  i am looking at a hotfix but i am not sure if it is what i need.  the hotfix is here.  I dont have prevent changing background enabled for the group that i want to apply it to.  can someone please help me?

Dudefoxlive

• Edited by Dudefoxlive Saturday, September 9, 2017 12:58 AM
    Saturday, September 9, 2017 12:58 AM

Answers

• I found the problem. I was trying to apply a .themepack file when I needed a .theme file.  I found the. Theme find in the themepack file and edited the code so that it points to the BG that is on the images. Now everything works and the theme gets applied correctly.

Dudefoxlive

Monday, September 11, 2017 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let’s first test you can apply the theme locally both with configuration GP on local computer and just applying it via Personalization. Please just run RSOP.msc to see if the configuration of the GP has been used.

Please see if your situation is similar like this especially the bold words, please follow the reference above and install the hotfix. Restart your computer and see if you can apply it successfully.

Consider the following scenario.

1.You configure the Load a specific theme Group Policy setting in a domain. The policy successfully forces all the clients in the domain to apply a specific theme when a user logs on to a client computer.

2.Then you enable the Prevent changing desktop background Group Policy setting.

3.A new user logs on to a client computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 11, 2017 9:49 AM
  • I found the problem. I was trying to apply a .themepack file when I needed a .theme file.  I found the. Theme find in the themepack file and edited the code so that it points to the BG that is on the images. Now everything works and the theme gets applied correctly.

Dudefoxlive

Monday, September 11, 2017 7:46 PM
  • Thanks for sharing.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:12 AM