Color Profiles in Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just upgraded my mbr and reinstalled Win 7. The new installation has resulted in very poor screen colors - too much pink and dark greens and reds, I have tried deleting color profile but can get no improvement.

System
    ATI Redeon 4350
    Samsung Synchmaster 2032BW Monitor.

Color rendition in previous installation of Win7 was very good so I do not understand why change has occured.

Photoshop CS4 indicates Samsung profile is damaged  and I ignore. However, this makes no difference.

Noel
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Friday, September 25, 2009 12:08 AM Focus (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Noel76,

Try updating the display card driver and monitor driver to the latest one:

ATI Catalyst™ 9.9 Suite for Windows 7 (32-bit)

Samsung 2032BW monitor driver

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

If the issue persists, could you please capture a screenshot of the current display of the screen?

1. Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

6. Please upload the screenshot to your SkyDrive at www.skydrive.live.com and let me know the link.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:55 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 6:07 AM