Different Citrix Clients running side by side? RRS feed

• Question

• We have a very mixed environment, but most of our clients are using Windows XP SP2 on some kind of AD.

The Clients we have use many applications but for some finanical applications they use them on a Citrix Farms and Application Gateways.

We have now a project running which wishes to add a new application farm which will require a certain level of Citrix Client.

Our Problem is that we do not want to have to ask the other Citrix Application owners to update there applications to our level of Citrix Client.

So the question!

Is it possible to Run the Citrix Client in a SoftGrid layer and it to work alond side an existing installation on the client?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Alistair

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:08 AM

Answers

• Yeah, it works. i've tried a couple of different citrix versions with this and it's no problem at all.

Mvh
    Christian

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 2, 2012 11:29 AM
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:32 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes it should be possible, at least it was previously and I don't see why that would've changed.

br,

Kalle

Saturday, June 21, 2008 8:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Does this mean you have run them side by side in your setup?

and If yes was the Citrix version 9 or above?

Thanks

Alistair

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:50 AM
  • Hello,

I'm not currently using CTX, but I have ran them in the past (mostly just to test it) so might have been before version 9..

br,

Kalle

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:48 PM
  • Yeah, it works. i've tried a couple of different citrix versions with this and it's no problem at all.

Mvh
    Christian

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, August 8, 2009 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, August 2, 2012 11:29 AM
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:32 PM