none
Visual Studio 2017 U2 fails to install in MDT (ver. 6.3.8443.1000) RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to do a full installation of Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise Update 2 using MDT. The application appears to start installing but all computer activity stops soon afterwards and the Install Application task hangs indefinitely without returning control.

I have tried various options to install the application that include:

1) Installing from local network share using the command line
    vs_enterprise_2017_15.2.exe --all --includeRecommended --includeOptional --nocache --quiet --norestart --wait --productKey XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    with the working directory set to the UNC path of the executable

2) Installing from the internet using the command line
    mu_visual_studio_enterprise_2017_version_15.2_x86_x64_10436506.exe --all --includeRecommended --includeOptional --nocache --quiet --norestart --wait --productKey XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    with the working directory set to the UNC path of the executable

3) Wrapping the install executable within a command file called setup.cmd and running the command file

The command argument list works since it will install when entered directly on the command line. Has anyone had a similar experience, know what the problem is, or have suggestions how to fix this? Thanks!

Shaun

• Edited by em2slyn Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 1:45 AM

All replies

• Did you ever get it working? Similiar problem here. Install works fine running from bat file but the same commands running in MDT produced an install that hangs permanently. I let it run over a weekend...didn't dig up much in terms of setup log files either. 
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 5:40 PM