none
Domain Groups problems

Question

• We have just added our new cloud server to our <g class="gr_ gr_5 gr-alert gr_spell ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="5" id="5">vpn</g> domain for all our shops, so all the settings from the old server domain controller have moved over to the new domain controller including users and groups on our active directory.

However, our old server was <g class="gr_ gr_318 gr-alert gr_gramm Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="318" id="318">a SBS</g> (2008) and our new 2012 windows server is obviously very different. Some of the groups and roles and in particular policies that have copied over seem to be a bit flaky. I wondered if there was a way of cleaning out the old policies and groups?

Friday, October 2, 2015 2:53 PM

Answers

• However, our old server was (2008) and our new 2012 windows server is obviously very different. Some of the groups and roles and in particular policies that have copied over seem to be a bit flaky. I wondered if there was a way of cleaning out the old policies and groups?

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no built-in automatic method to achieve your goal.

You may need to delete old policies and groups manually.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:42 AM