none
FAST Search Results Refinement- Termstore term RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have created custom terms in Termstore and tagged to some of the list items. when i am searching(FAST) using title i am getting the search results for those list items and Term name is coming in the Refinement Panel. Its not showing any count for the term, its only showing the terms.PFB screenshot

Is this OOB or any configuration needs to be done to fix this issue.

Terms in Refinement panel with no counts

Regards,

Kris.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Update the input category definition of refinement panel webpart, OOB has provided category configuration on web part of toolpane,

Category definition schema looks like,

<Category Title="string" Description="string" Type="TypeName" MappedProperty="PropertyName" MetadataThreshhold="value" NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="value" MaxNumberOfFilters="value" SortBy="Frequency|NumericValue|Name|Custom" SortDirection="Descending|Ascending" SortByForMoreFilters="Frequency|NumericValue|Name|Custom" SortDirectionForMoreFilters="Descending|Ascending" ShowMoreLink="True|False" MoreLinkText="string" LessLinkText="string" ShowCounts="Count|Percentage"> ... </Category>

In schema you can see "ShowCounts" attribute, just add this attribute in category definition,

Thanks and Regares,

Uday Gaikwad

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:26 AM
  • Hi

in the existing section It doesnt show any category for my termset column. i have added a new category with the required values. i am having some issue in assigning the MappedProperty value. for term sets seems SharePoint has a different syntax compare to other managed properties..

Need to add quotes before property name, but no luck.......

i want to know how to assign value for this property ?

Kris.....

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:04 PM