none
Calculate resource from - location to pull into field RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with Project Server 2010 on resource management.  After troubleshooting I now understand the importance of the calculate from field (project plan, resource plan, project plan until).

However, it is set incorrectly in many projects and we will have multiple users who have access to change it.  Therefore, I need a way that I can see it for all projects at a glance (without opening the project).

I'd planned to create a custom field, however, I can't find the data element to reference to be able to see it.  I've also looked through the database schema, but it isn't jumping out.  Could you help me identify where the "calculate from" in resources is stored?

Thanks!

jb

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:06 PM

All replies

• jb,

There is a field called ResourcePlanUtilizationType in the Reporting Database, in MSP_EpmProject_UserView which should give you this info for all published projects.

The enum is

• FromProjectPlan=0
    • FromResourcePlan=1
    • FromProjectPlanThenResourcePlan=2

Hope this helps.

Treb Gatte

• Proposed as answer by TASB Tom Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:51 PM
  • Treb -

Thanks for your reply.  I'm trying it, and will reply back if I can get it to work.  At first try, I'm getting an error when trying to reference the field in a custom column (so that it will display in the project center), but I'm probably doing something wrong, so I've asked someone to double check me.

Jason

jb

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:15 PM
  • Jason,

Be aware, this field isn't available for views, only for server reports. You will have to use Excel or any other favorite tool to create a report to access this information.

--Treb

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:28 PM