none
Recovery Point / Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• I have a quick question.  Under the protection Tab, i have two servers showing with a status of 'synchronizing' yet in the active jobs, it lists those as type 'recovery point'  why the difference.  They are two different things yes?  What's even more confusing is, it's not time for them to be doing their express fulls.
    • Edited by BeaconLight Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:52 PM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have seen this as well. From what I understand when a recovery point is created to create that dpm synchronises the replica on the DPM with what exists on the protected machine to see what differences there are. I might be wrong but when you "manually" create a recovery point that is what I see - first there is a synchronisatin taking place and after this is finished the recovery point is created - so One job with a "pre-job" so to say.

About - no express full scheduled - that is strange but maybe it was time for the "synchronisation"? I mean for example with SQL Backups you are able to configure synchronisation up to every 15 minutes. So could there be a synchronisation scheduled for this time?

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:20 PM
  • These are hyper-V VM backups.  There is no synchronization, at least that's my undertstanding.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:09 PM
  • For a VM, DPM will synchronize before the recovery point creation. That should be the reason why you have these 2 types shown.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:55 PM