Video Error with new monitor (Resolved) RRS feed

• Question

• MCE Live TV plays fine with an old cheap generic lcd 15" monitor.  I just replaced the monitor with an ASUS 23" LCD and Live TV stutters, skips, throws up and goes to the dreaded generic Video Error................................................  

What's the deal?  It works on an old monitor and not on a new one?  BTW - video library items play just fine (depending on the quality of the video of course).

Vista HP SP2 6002, EVGA 730a board, AMD Athalon dual core 5050e, 4meg, plenty of HD, and Asus 242H monitor, NVidia GE Force 8200, HDMI and updates are installed.

I don't know what to try since everything works fine with the old vga monitor.  Also, most DVDs won't play - get the same error.

>> Update!  OK - all works fine with the DVI cable.  Something must be afoul with the HDMI interface.  Someone can help me with that if they like?  <<

>> Update #2 - All video worked fine with the DVI-D cable but no sound.  :-(  I hooked up with VGA and now have sound and MCE is playing the DVDs, Live TV, my stored videos, etc.  I still want HD stuff but with the digital video connections I get no sound.  I would be happy to have someone get me started on solving this.  <<

Now using DVI-D connector and analog audio (that didn't work before I did things in the right order).  Sorry - can't tell you what order that is.  I think I just looked at the setup and swore at it.  Next thing I knew - I had audio. 

Saturday, September 18, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am glad the issue is resolved. Your time and effort is appreciated. I will mark this as answered so that this useful information will point others to the right direction when they encounter similar situation. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 20, 2010 8:48 AM