Group Edit RCDC - Email-Enabled Checkbox issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm doing bi-directional [Portal & thru AD) group creations in the FIM Portal. While i provision Group Objects in FIM Portal via AD, "E-mail Enabled" checkbox is not selected in the Group Edit RCDC though it is mail-enabled security group. mailnickname and mail attributes are present in the portal.

When i looked at the SymbolResourcePair on the RCDC's string resources, i  see "Enabled" value on EmailEnablingValue pair. but I do not understand how it is being applied when we open the Group Edit screen. 

If the symbol value is Enabled, and the value is assigned to my:value, then how the Group Edit RCDC screen determines whether it is checked or not. 

my:Value="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingValue_END%

<my:Control my:Name="EmailEnabling" my:TypeName="UocCheckBox" my:Caption="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingCaption_END%" my:Description="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingDescription_END%" my:AutoPostback="true" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Email}">

<my:Properties>

<my:Property my:Name="Text" my:Value="%SYMBOL_EmailEnablingValue_END%"/>

</my:Properties>

<my:Events>

<my:Event my:Name="CheckedChanged" my:Handler="OnChangeEmailEnabling"/>

</my:Events>

</my:Control>

If i manually check the Email Enabled checkbox for that existing group, its working as expected. so next time when i open that group for Edit, the checkbox is checked. how it is different from the group imported from AD?

Please advise how this Email Enabled check is working for groups imported from Active Directory with mail and mailnickname details.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:36 PM

Answers

• When you create a group in the portal, what are you setting the 'Type' attribute for your groups to ? If you use "MailEnabledSecurity" - the box is checked for you. No need to try to check it manually.

Check for the existance of a mailnickname, if presernt, use 'MailEnabledSecurity' otherwise, just 'Security'

This is how I have mine set up. You could do the same thing with IIF's and declarative rules but this should give you the idea

private void IAFType(  CSEntry csentry,  MVEntry mventry)
            {
                // convert AD numeric groupType to FIM 'type' name
                switch (csentry["groupType"].IntegerValue)
                {
                    case 2:
                    case 4:
                    case 8:
                        mventry["type"].StringValue = "Distribution";
                        break;
                    default:
                        mventry["type"].StringValue = "Security";
                        if (csentry["mailNickname"].IsPresent)
                        {
                            mventry["type"].StringValue = "MailEnabledSecurity";
                        }
                        break;
                }
            }

Frank C. Drewes III - Senior Consultant: Oxford Computer Group
    • Marked as answer by Prakaaz Monday, January 9, 2012 5:38 AM
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 9:12 AM

All replies

• When you create a group in the portal, what are you setting the 'Type' attribute for your groups to ? If you use "MailEnabledSecurity" - the box is checked for you. No need to try to check it manually.

Check for the existance of a mailnickname, if presernt, use 'MailEnabledSecurity' otherwise, just 'Security'

This is how I have mine set up. You could do the same thing with IIF's and declarative rules but this should give you the idea

private void IAFType(  CSEntry csentry,  MVEntry mventry)
            {
                // convert AD numeric groupType to FIM 'type' name
                switch (csentry["groupType"].IntegerValue)
                {
                    case 2:
                    case 4:
                    case 8:
                        mventry["type"].StringValue = "Distribution";
                        break;
                    default:
                        mventry["type"].StringValue = "Security";
                        if (csentry["mailNickname"].IsPresent)
                        {
                            mventry["type"].StringValue = "MailEnabledSecurity";
                        }
                        break;
                }
            }

• Marked as answer by Prakaaz Monday, January 9, 2012 5:38 AM
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Yes. You are correct. i'm not setting the type as MailEnabledSecurity during the provisioning. I will modify my declarative rules.

thanks a lot.

Monday, January 9, 2012 5:38 AM
  • Yep - I made that mistake myself the first time I was trying to do group management. Glad it worked for you.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 6:03 AM